Monday, October 15, 2012

Best Opioid Blog on the Net

     I'm a big fan of HeroinHelper and started this blog to defend the right of people to use opiates without constraint, point out the hypocrisy of the drug war and finally to provide information to other opiophiles.  Well I was researching "buprenorphine dose response curve" in google and came across this blog called Project Narco.  The author sure knows his stuff and has already published numerous articles I was in the process of researching!  Articles written by someone with scientific training who doesn't buy into the whole narcotic addiiction as a disease thing. Yea!  Now what to do with all those half-written articles I never got around to finishing...
    This blog is only a few weeks old and I am still working on formatting issues.  One of the most challenging aspects in creating a blog is finding info that is both accurate and unbiased.  Anyone doing research on drugs knows this full well.  As time goes on I will be adding links to sources beyond the biggies that everyone knows about (Drug Policy Alliance, ect).

4 comments:

  1. I can relate to your troubles finding unbiased and accurate information regarding drugs and prohibition. It took me quite a while to gather all the necessary information for the article I did for Heroin Helper.

    By the way, through your site I found the Narco Polo blog, which is quite good. I'm going to check out Project Narco next, and I'll let you know what I think of it.

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its true what you say regarding the quality of information. After reading dozens of books and hundreds of articles you do develop the ability to read between the lines and get a pretty good idea of what is bullshit and what isn't. I feel like I've heard ever argument in favor of opiate prohibition and NONE of them are credible.

      Both of those blogs are very good. Have you noticed how a lot of blogs are started to promote a book?

      Sites like HeroinHelper provides a public service that I think is just as valuable, in terms of improving the lives of people who use drugs, as all our public health approaches to drug "abuse" and harm reduction.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete